Thursday, May 26, 2011

You'll find love where you least expect it


I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog about flea market stuff for about a year, finding an inflatable love doll at the "This and That" this past weekend kind of clinched it.

In my "research" for my main site Plaidstallions, I spend a large  amount of time at flea markets, antique malls, nostalgia and toy shows and see some remarkable and often just inexplicable things.

This blog will serve as a repositary for sights that truly need to be shared, should you see something horrific or just plain weird for sale at your local "dirt mall" please send it on down to me.

Oh and if anyone wants the Love Doll, I'm pretty sure it's $10.

8 comments:

  1. Great idea for a site! I hope I can contribute in the future. So, is that doll MIB or gently used? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a blog! Do garage sales count? I may send in stuff from time to time.
    RetroHound.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. CandC- You'll be her first.

    Robert- Totally! Garage Sales, Thrift Stores, Antique Malls are all fair game.

    Joe-Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it a love doll, or just a love head? :)

    Great start, can't wait to see more flea market/thrift crap up here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this already and look forward to more! Please, please tell me that the inflatable doll was not advertised as 'used once, slightly soiled' or any such thing... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, that doll looks like one of the members of Menudo!

    ReplyDelete